Listen. Radishes are not my favorite. It’s not that I hate them, it’s just that I like other veggies better.
These easy pickled radishes, however, I freaking LOVE!
They’re amazing in vegan burgers, hot dogs, sandwiches, salads, bowls…
They provide the perfect textural and acidic addition to any meal.
Pickled radish is also a perfect first pickling project, because it’s super easy, quick, uses ingredients you most likely have in your pantry, and doesn’t require any fermentation.
It’s obviously vegan and gluten-free by default and you can easily make it sugar-free too!
Still not convinced? Here’s why you should make them:
- They’re delicious
- Healthy (Full of potassium!)
- They’re a gorgeous shade of pink
- They make a wonderful homemade gift
- Have I mentioned that they’re incredibly easy to make?
- …and that they’re vegan, gluten-free, and can even be made sugar-free?
- They’re just so much cooler than storebought pickles
- They add crunch, texture, acidity, and freshness to any dish.
- What else would you do with radishes?
First things first:
Sterilize your jars. You can do this in the oven, stovetop, dishwasher, or microwave. I won’t go into much detail because there are tons of guides out there so I will just provide you with a link!
- 750 g Radishes
- 200 ml White wine vinegar
- 150 g Sugar or granulated sweetener
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- ½ tsp Black pepper corn
- Fresh Dill
- Wash and cut radishes and dill and put into sterilized jars
- Combine 400 ml of water, vinegar, sweetener, salt and spices in a sauce pan and simmer until sweetener has dissolved
- Fill the jars with hot brine and let cool
- Once cool, keep refrigerated and consume within 3 weeks
Let me know what you would use your easy pickled radish in!
Also check out my other recipes!
Post contains Affiliate Links.
If you choose to buy using one of the above links, I make a small cut and I’m forever grateful!