Okay so to get this out of the way, even if this Vegan Rosemary Apricot Tarte Tatin incredibly easy to make, I still managed to f*ck it up a little. But you know what? That’s okay because first of all, the friends I brought this over to still loved it and second of all, you can all learn from my mistakes.
I didn’t let it cool for long enough (because we were running late for our lunch invitation with said friends and I had to take pictures of the tarte tatin!) and I added a bit too much of the syrup, which resulted in a soupy mess. BUT a damn delicious soupy mess!
Could I re-do the whole thing to get better pictures that aren’t rushed? Yes.
Am I repeating my mantra “Done is better than perfect” in my head every 5 minutes to try and cure myself of my crippling perfectionism? Also yes.
I might still bake another one sometime and re-do the pictures but for now i have to get this Vegan Rosemary Apricot Tarte Tatin recipe out there, because it’s just so good.
You know what I love about this Vegan Rosemary Apricot Tarte Tatin recipe?
You don’t even have to be a good baker to manage this. No need to make dough even, you can just buy one at the store. Maybe you’re thinking: “But Mitzi, where do I get vegan pastry dough?” And to that, I can only say: Almost at every grocery store.
Most store-bought puff pastry doughs are accidentally vegan already and so are some croissant doughs.
Here are some vegan examples you can find in stores in Austria:
- Tante Fanny Frischer Plunderteig
- Knack & Back Croissants
- Clever Blätterteig
- Hofer Blätterteig & Blätterteig Light
- Penny Blätterteig & Blätterteig Light
- Lidl Blätterteig & Blätterteig Light
- Spar Blätterteig
- Moin Blätterteig vegan Bio
- DonauStrudel BIO Blätterteig
- and many, many more. Just check the ingredients or look if it has a vegan label on it, many already do!
I also love that this Tarte Tatin is the perfect thing to make in summer and bring to a garden party. It’s light and fruity and pairs perfectly with some vegan whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, especially when it’s still a little warm. Absolute heaven!
You really only need an oven, some form of baking pan, a knife and maybe a citrus zester.
Vegan Rosemary Apricot Tarte Tatin Recipe
Super Easy Vegan Rosemary Apricot Tarte Tatin
- 1 package Storebought Vegan Croissant or Puff Pastry Dough I used Tante Fanny
- 6-8 Apricots
- 100 g Vegan Butter
- 60 g Brown Sugar
- 120 ml Water
- Zest of half a Lemon optional
- 1-2 Sprigs of Fresh Rosemary
- Preheat oven to 180°C and grease a 22cm round cake pan or pie dish.
- Roll out the pre-made dough and use the baking dish to cut out a circle.
- Wash your rosemary and add them to your baking dish. Set aside.
- Wash your apricots and cut them in half
- In a large pan, melt your vegan butter and sugar and stir on medium-high heat until melted.
- Carefully add the water and lemon zest, if using.
- Add in the apricot halves and let steep for around 10 minutes, flipping them halfway through.
- Transfer your apricots to the baking dish arranging them in a nice pattern. Cut side up or down- your choice! Both look pretty.
- Add in a few spoons of the remaining caramel syrup. Not too much though, so it doesn't become a runny mess like mine 🙂
- Top with the dough circle and prick a few times with a fork.
- Bake in the oven for 12-20 minutes (look at what the dough package says!) until golden brown.
- Let cool for at least 15 minutes before flipping.
- Serve with some vegan whipped cream or vanilla ice cream to balance the tanginess and add another texture.
Pin for Pinterest:
This post contains affiliate links.
If you choose to buy a product using one of the links, I make a small cut and I’m forever grateful!