Looking for an easy vegan asparagus pasta recipe that tastes luxurious but don’t want to spend an hour in the kitchen? Look no further, this is the one for you!
I know, I know. Asparagus season is almost over, plus the sourcing of the vegetable has sparked some justified criticism in Austria and Germany.
I still wanted to share this recipe, that I initially created at the very beginning of this year’s season, because it’s so simple and versatile.
You can absolutely swap it for any other vegetable you like!
This is a quick and easy recipe that you can dial up or down according to your own needs.
My recipe below is the medium amount of effort. The only thing you have to think about in advance is soaking the cashews for the cream.
If you’re in a hurry or you forgot to soak them, you can either quick-soak them as I did (see recipe notes) or use store-bought plant-based cream.
This pasta recipe is
- Dairy Free
- Egg Free
- 99% Whole Foods
- Can easily be made Gluten Free
- Super quick and easy
Creamy Asparagus Pasta with Truffle Cashew Parm
- 150 g Green Asparagus
- 120 g Pasta
- ½ Cup Cashews soaked for a couple hours
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
Truffle Cashew Parm
- ½ Cup Cashews
- ⅓ Cup Nutritional Yeast
- ¼ tsp Truffle Oil
- Garlic Powder to taste
- Salt to taste
- Drain your soaked cashews and blend them in a food processor with just enough water to achieve a creamy consistency
- Steam the asparagus for 10-15 minutes, depending on the size. You want it to be cooked but still have a little bit of bite
- Cook pasta al dente, reserve a little of the pasta water
- Combine pasta and cream in the pot you used to cook the pasta, add a splash of pasta water for consistency if needed
- Add garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper to taste
Truffle Cashew Parm
- Add all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until a fine meal is achieved
You could also use store bought plant based cream.
If you try my easy vegan asparagus pasta, please let me know how it turned out!